Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Note to Petey Pie, from his part time foster mom

Dear Sweet Petey,...
Last summer when your fostermom asked if you might be able to stay with us for week while they went on Ragbrai, I couldn't help but say , "yes", especially to such a sweet looking boy like you. Even though my experience with any Pointer/GSP pup was very little, your were welcomed into our home. Since Petey coming to our house put us over my husbands" 2 dog limit",....I knew it was up to Pete to make his stay a pleasent one... in which he did with flying colors!!

Even Steve, my husband welcomes Pete ANYTIME he comes to stay ....he's such a GOOD BOY!!

Leanne and I discussed in wonder, MANY times as to why Pete had not found a home, knowing in our hearts that sometimes, it just takes a while before the RIGHT homes comes a long.
There were a few times Pete almost made the trip to a furever home, but for some reason he stayed in Ames .... now we again we know why ... Pete was just waiting for Jeff to fill out an IBR application.... and the rest becomes history ...

Yesterday when Leanne handed over Pete to me, so we could go meet Jeff, and his family, she discovered a penny on the ground, it seemed to shine directly at us, with a gleem of luck,... even on that cloudy day in Iowa,....

Leanne said, " Oh look Petey, it's heads up, buddy,.. it must be your lucky day""!!
I grinned, and said, " I have to agree Petey-Boy", I think your Momma's right!!

As the day progressed, the dream came true,.... Petey has a home!!!!

I wish you all could have met Petey, and know what a exceptional boy he is,...in every aspect he is a champ!!!
Tears of pure joy fall for Petey - Pie,....this is one of the Happiest times in Rescue I have ever had!!!!

I feel honored to have been a part of this happy ending and new beginning for Pete!!!

from Susan West

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home