Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What Pete did on his summer vacation....

As told to me by Pete.....

Ok, so everyday is just like summer vacation for me. Especially here at Camp Lemonhead...(named as such by the rescue group for the permanant lemon pointer residents) I get to sleep in as long as I want, then go outside and play for awhile....and then I get to come in and sleep where ever I want too....which is usually on my dog bed. I really like my dog bed. I like to play sometimes, but I mostly like to get ear rubs, and sit with my foster mom on her lawn chair, or next to her on the top of the picnic table- very great viewing from that vantage point!

We haven't taken any trips lately, but I do get to go around the neighborhood quite a bit- we have lots of rabbits here, but so far I haven't been able to chase any. The neighbors have a cat, and there is a rabbit that likes to sit in the front yard here...there are lots of windows to watch out of.

I have been getting brushed once a week, which is really nice- makes me look even more handsome, or at least that is what everyone tells me. My liver spots show up much nicer too...

My foster brother and sister like to dig holes in the yards....it looks like they are digging up bugs, but I really am not interested in any of that. I like to be with people too much to spend time digging up the yard...which doesn't seem to go over very well anyway.


Pete has developed into quite a special dog...independent, but still is interested just enough in people to enjoy hanging out with them. He has a medium energy level, instead of the crazy high one of some pointers, and seems to know that outside is the place for the crazy stuff. He is getting very good at expressing himself- lots of head laying on knees and shoulders, or using his eyes to tell us what he is thinking. An amazing example of a pointer....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home